Themba Guest House: Cashier
Duties & Responsibilities • Acknowledge the customer with a smiling face and remember that the customer always comes first and always make our customers know that they are important and special to us. Handle all customer questions and concerns.
• Must ensure that the front of house area is clean.
• Counting money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change, ensure that the counter around the tills is clean and ensure that there is sufficient paper and ribbon in the printer.
• Issue a receipt to the customer and return the appropriate change
• Any discrepancies must be accounted for and short falls will be deducted as per agreement.
• Prepares a Sales analysis on a daily basis.
Skills and Competencies • Excellent people skills • Enjoy clerical and administrative tasks.
• Must have confidence in handling money
• Must have excellent operational skills on all point of sale tills, and have the ability to control cash.
• Be able to work quickly and accurately
• Accurate, with an eye for detail
• Friendly and helpful.
• Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Team Player & Honest
• Good cash handling skills
• Strong client and customer service skills
Qualifications • Minimum matric
• Minimum of 2 year cashier experience
• Plankomat Experience