Frankstronics: Data Centre Team Lead
Job Purpose The Data Centre Team Lead will lead the Data Centre teams which comprises IT data protection and facilities teams, as well as assist the Team Manager with planning, roadmaps, budget and procurement. Communicating and managing goals, deadlines and priorities will form part of the successful candidates responsibilities. Along with managing critical incidents and drive the collaboration necessary for problem resolution, root cause analysis and improvements. The Team Lead will also optimize team performance via conflict resolution, assessments, training, motivation, tools and innovation.
Job Objectives Managing team workload and issues
- Drive problem resolution and root cause analysis of incidents. To be available at all times, within reason, for escalations and to escalate issues in turn where necessary.
- Ensure that tickets raised in the ticketing system are assigned to team members and attended within SLA.
- Ensure that deadlines are met or reasonable notice is given, when missing a deadline is unavoidable.
- Assist the Team Manager with creating and tracking roadmaps for the team.
- Plan ahead and budget for data centre and team expenses.
- Assist the Team Manager in the procurement of hardware, software, training and other expenses in the team.
- Keep the Data Centre Manager informed of issues and critical incidents.
- Keep Data Centre Controller informed of the progress of any project work the team is conducting.
- Log and update important work and information in the Data Centre Manager's weekly report.
Qualifications and Experience - Grade 12 (Matric) with relevant IT certification is essential
- Industry Certification: Certified Facility Management
- Industry Certification: IBM Storage Certification
- Industry Certification: Brocade Certification
- Operations experience in a high-availability environment (5+ years)
- Experience leading a production engineering team (3+ years)
- Technical project experience in an IT Facilities environment (3+ years)
- Experience with Storage and Backup technologies (5+ years)
- Extensive experience in remote facility management technologies (5+ years)
- Proven history of incident response, diagnostic activities, Root Cause - Analysis (RCA), Corrective Action Plans, and advanced troubleshooting (5+ years)
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, active listener, ability to adapt communication styles to different audiences with good balance of IQ and EQ
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and related services architecture design and implementation (3+ years)
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS protocols, firewall, load-balancing technologies and firewalls (3+ years)
- Strong knowledge of working with load balancing technologies and large-scale server farms. (3+ years)
- Virtual environments knowledge including HyperV and VMWARE. (3+ years)